Vet Fee Help
What is VET FEE-HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is a loan scheme for the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector that is part of the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP). VET FEE-HELP assists eligible students undertaking certain VET courses of study. It allows them to be able to borrow funds up to their FEE-HELP limit to help pay for all or part of their tuition fees. It does not cover accommodation and general living expenses. Students approved for VET FEE-HELP assistance will have a loan with the Australian Government who will, on the student's behalf, pay their tuition fees to their approved VET provider
What Nature Care courses are approved for VET FEE-HELP?
The following nationally recognised Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) accredited courses are approved;
- HLT60112 Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine
- HLT60512 Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- HLT60612 Advanced Diploma of Homeopathy
- HLT61012 Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- CHC51712 Diploma of Counselling
Important note: Nature Care College is no longer enrolling new students in the above (ASQA) accredited courses. They are applicable for continuing re-enrolling students only
How do I know if I'm eligible for VET FEE-HELP?
As a student studying in Australia, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit of study for which you are seeking VET FEE-HELP assistance;
- be an eligible student enrolled on or before the census date in an eligible unit of study through an approved VET provider;
- meet the tax file number requirements;
- have completed, signed and submitted a valid request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form on or before the census date for the unit you enrolled in available from Nature Care;
- not have exceeded the FEE-HELP limit.
How do I apply and how much can I borrow?
VET FEE-HELP loans can be accessed through Nature Care College. Nature Care will advise you if you are eligible for VET FEE-HELP assistance and will provide you with the relevant documents that need to be completed. You must be enrolled in an eligible course and apply on or before the census date for the units of study you have enrolled in.
If you are eligible, you can borrow funds up to your lifetime FEE-HELP limit to help pay for all or part of your tuition fees. For 2016, the FEE-HELP loan limit is $99,389.
This amount is indexed on 1 January each year. There is up to a 20% loan fee that applies to VET FEE-HELP loans. The VET FEE-HELP loan limit does not include the loan fee.
When do I repay my HELP debt?
You have to start repaying your HELP debt through the taxation system once your repayment income is above the compulsory repayment threshold, even if you are still studying. The compulsory repayment threshold is adjusted each year. For the 2016-2017 income year, the compulsory repayment threshold is $54,869
The repayment income is calculated from the amounts given on your income tax return.
For up to date information visit www.studyassist.gov.au
Schedule of Tuition Fees:
Student Information Booklets: